Sunday, September 2, 2007

Ramblings II

Do not seek the because - in love there is no because, no reason, no explanation, no solutions.
Anais Nin

I, with a deeper instinct, choose a man who compels my strength, who makes enormous demands on me, who does not doubt my courage or my toughness, who does not believe me naive or innocent, who has the courage to treat me like a woman.
Anais Nin

Sometimes, it is in other's words that I find solace. The bravery of women that have come before me. 'I choose', are those not the bravest words, we choose who we are with, or not with. We have a deeper instinct and choose - will I? Will you, choose? I love Anais Nin, who lived her life with apparent bravado - awake and well aware. I would like a man that has courage, one who has enough courage to treat me like a woman.

1 comment:

lime said...

amen sister, so would i!