Monday, November 12, 2007

Aristotle's Brother

Here is to you,
The brilliant, the hilarious, the lover, the friend.
Here is to you. My moment, my passion, my missive, my breath.
Today is the official 4th year of your passing. The explosion of a comet.
I am here, looking upward at the sky, to see a path, a light,a glimmer of the past.
I am here. If I pause, if I falter, if I weep - it is only in reflection.
Truth is found over the heads of people in a crowd. Truth is found in the profound crinkle of your eyes. Truth is found, without words in your scent left in my pillow.
Here is to me, the lone survivor, keeper of the memory of us.
Here is to me.

2 comments:

lime said...

peace to you both, he in his rest, you in your life.

Nana-g said...

Thanks limers, it is a month that is 1/2 done, I am feeling peace.