Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Courage

Courage is a fluid thing, nothing that is confined by a set ideology. Treating others well, loving kindness, it is all a walking work, in the moment and continual. I was writing about a partner in my Anais Nin quotes, but as I re-read it I thought really, life is about courage, and the courage to be transparent. To feel, to be - all those Shakespearean belief system, to be or not to be, it is truly the question. Are you in or are you out? And maybe not anything that concretely black or white...

The older I get the more questions I have. I only know, those truths - it is how you act with old people and kids, dogs and those beings more helpless than yourself. There is your true self. Who are you when you are by yourself, left to your own devices?

1 comment:

lime said...

that's a good question. i am not entirely sure, but i want to know.