Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Early in the Year Ramblings...

I am up at work, that is why my new year goal is balance. I am constantly putting out fires and getting the actual work done is difficult. If I was the waitress in the pie shop I would be baking the 'I hate my job pie', lots of spicy peppers, Jack cheese, stir in whipped eggs and bake at 375 for an hour...serve with fresh fruit.
While I am catching up on news, since I have not posted forever; I received possibly, if not the worst Christmas gift ever given, the scale. Maybe it should be capital? The Scale, or all caps? THE SCALE. Maybe bold and underlined, really that's more like it. My dear Aunt gave me the largest scale in the world. It is causing some eating disorders in my grown kids. Every time they get in the bathroom they weigh themselves and then I have to hear about how much they weigh, or a comment regarding how much they weigh - all of the kids. Oh really, it is every adult that visits. It is because the scale is so large that you have to step on it to get to the toilet. Or my bathroom is so small you have the choice of stepping in the shower, or on THE SCALE or leap over THE SCALE and go to toilet...
Several years ago I had a free range guinea hog (he passed the pig status at about 2 years old) and for 11 years he lived primarily in the bathroom. Everyone who visited would talk to Homer while they were in the bathroom. Seriously, everyone. It was quite funny really and I thought I would write a book, "Conversations with the Pig". Anyway, the scale, or THE SCALE reminds me of this habit people have of talking out loud to unusual objects in bathrooms, or maybe it is just my family/friends, or my unusual objects in my bathroom...
THE SCALE truly delights me and makes me laugh every time I think about it. She must have seen pictures of me at our last family reunion and thinks by the size of the scale, I seriously need to lose weight! OR! I just thought of the significance of my goal of balance for the new year, and receiving a scale, THE SCALE! Sometimes the universe is not subtle, and God has a funny sense of humor.
Happy New Year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Toner, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://toner-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.