Thursday, June 14, 2007

Time Lines

Here are some random thoughts about time, and lines;
Song lines, story lines, lines on my forehead...
In 2002 my lovely winged friend got dead as gawpy likes to say, got dead in the most shocking, you're dead fashion of getting dead. Dead.
I played his voice mail over and over to hear his voice - dead.
In 2004 my lovely writer friend got dead as gawpy likes to say, got dead in the most shocking, you're dead fashion of getting dead (and I thought it was so last season - dead.)
I read his letters and emails over and over, to read our plans, our five year fucking die in the middle, two and a half years out of the five, five year plan.
In 2006 my fragile and frail father got dead as gawpy likes to say, got dead in the most drawn out and I'm dying fashion, minute by minute getting dead, so slow you hear his breathing from the next room getting dead, still getting, I am dead, dead.
I drive home and look up expectantly to see him sitting on the patio waiting for me.
Lines and time, time and lines.

5 comments:

lime said...

it really stinks when people get dead like that. and it's hard to wrap our heads around it sometimes.

peace and hugs

Nana-g said...

head challenge big time, thanks lime
(ps: multi-count sheets and sleeping in - rocks!)

singleton said...

I just went through this and the lines are hard on my face, deep in my heart, and not so clear anywhere else. I sometimes forget they aren't here. Because they are. I just can't plop down next to them and have a beer. Can't reach through the "I know you're there, I can feel you" and touch them.....
You write beautifully. Thanks Gawpo for bringing me here...

Nana-g said...

Thank you Singleton, some days the plopping down and having beers - best shared with the living. That way when you cry those beer tears, you know the ones - sobbing, sloppy and very wet -
With a clink of glass, good friends can 'cheers'and then hug you really tight. Somehow, it is better. 'Cheers' - to us and to those loved who have gotten dead (as gawpy likes to say).

Jacob said...

We were just talking about this, weren't we? And now this: my friend, Summer---the one in the airplane in my last post---her father got dead last night at 8:55. She called me in tears. I was able to say good-bye to Rob a few nights ago. Lines and time; time and lines. Very, very good what you have to say, Nana-g.