Saturday, August 25, 2007

The Dog Days of Summer


My dog, the faithful dog is waiting for me. It seems to be her destiny: to be, to lie in wait for me. She sleeps by the side of my bed, waiting for me to get up. She waits patiently for me to shower and dress so that I can walk her. She waits for me, head on the back seat, for me to come with grocery laden arms. She waits. She is old now, and waiting suits her. She still will bat ears me and half heartedly play like she will actually fetch, a trick she has never truly learned in her whole long dog life. Her rousing when I get up now, a twitch of her ear, a small wag of her tail; getting up only when sure I am not just turning over or pulling on an extra cover. It is my reality check that all is right with the world when she noses me and lays her head on my shoulder and sighs her doggie sigh of life is good.

4 comments:

Jacob said...

Brandy the black bra-eating dog....so cute. So very, very cute.

Hi, Nana-G!!!!! xoXO!

lime said...

such an example of loyalty.

Nana-g said...

Gawpo or the bra eating dog? Or is gawpo a bra eating dawg? I am luna eclipsed tired today. Gawpo did you take pictures?
Hi back, it is good to have you back. Take off and I will call you.
Limers, I am blessed, all of my peeps and not so peeps are loyal. How good is that?!

Jacob said...

Gawpo is for sure a bra eating dawg.

Ha!!!

Good one.

Missed the eclipse. I was eclipsed in my own right. Rite. Wright. Write. All awareness of things other than work are a blur and not attended.